Procrastination

I know that I told you I would be posting more work. I have hit on a hump in my way; or rather, it has been revealed to me more clearly. I have a serious problem with procrastination. I have started working on numerous songs and have ironed out the melody and lyrics, but haven't had time to start on some new stuff.
I found a book about about this subject of procrastination; Taming the To-Do List by Glynnis Whitwer. A lot of what she says about the reasons we put off doing the most important things is so true for me. Some of these reasons include: vague goals, fear of failure, fear of success; we are unable to start or stop a project because we are perfectionists.
We all get the picture. She brings it all right to your door step in a non-intrusive but objective manner; showing us that we can take steps and make small changes to our everyday lives that will clear the way for us to be more productive about those goals that go untouched.

Go check it out.
I hope this helps you as it is helping me.
Love and God Bless.

Comments

Popular Posts