Hello 2021!

 Hello 2021!

You're  a couple days old now, but still very new. The last year was quite a trial with the COVID virus amuck and killing thousands, but I remember the scripture that said there would be famines and plagues. Only those people who were appointed to die would die with or without COVID-19. 

I know that I have not written in quite awhile. I am a writer at heart, I am a musician too; a singer and a songwriter. But writing comes before the performance thereof. 

So, I journal and write poetry. I put some stuff to music and sing it. I have to follow the leading of the spirit. I have to admit that this year kinda had me sliding a bit. I didn't pray as much this year. I was so busy with work and trying to get out of that job by starting my own business, But I've never been good at advertising. I guess I minored in marketing to overcome a weakness; not to say that marketing or business ownership is not in my future. I just don't know that direct marketing is my avenue. 

Writing seems to be my thing. So, how can I write and impact many people. Blogs and web pages seem to be my favorite medium. I seem to be better at those. 

Why am I telling you this? Perhaps because I am making a new commitment to my writing. Which means I am also making a new commitment to prayer; not just for writing sake. As I get onto my husband about that. We must have the relationship; and only from that relationship can inspiration and ideas be born. I want to be powerful in Christ and walk in authority. 

I feel that this will help out at home and at work. I won't feel so overwhelmed. Someone told me that overwhelm came from a self centered view point. Naturally the Lord is not selfish so I must be. And I also am deficient in the Holy Ghost. 

So, I am getting back to the altar. 

Lord, thank you for leading me and still talking to me. Thank you for giving me an ear to hear what counsel you had for me. Thank you for keeping Chris and me together these years and for not letting outside influences get in between us. You are my counselor. My pure wisdom. Thank you for keeping my mind and heart inclined to you. I love you more than anything else.

Comments

Popular Posts