Overwhelmed

 I sat here at my computer this morning, watching the Chosen-The Shepherd. I watched the shepherd struggle all the way to the market to bring his lamb for the sacrifice. He arrived only to see the lamb had been wounded on the journey. The Pharisee rebuked him for trying to pass off an imperfect lamb as a sacrifice. If you haven't watched it yet, you need to do so. I know we all know the story of the birth, but the shepherd gets the greatest blessing of all. 

I teared up. I even bawled. Why? Because God would reach down and give such an opportunity to a lowly shepherd. His people were all shepherds of one kind or another. First of sheep; then of people. But I was so moved by his presence as I watched him run for the stable. He wanted more than what other people were settling for. He wanted to know the lamb of God that the scriptures told of. He held him in his arms. 

His life was no doubt changed from that point on. I know it's not yet Christmas. But how much do we really want him to move and reign in our lives? How well or how close are we to him that we can indeed say that we trust him, that we lean on him, and that he can trust us to shepherd his people? Are we faithful? Are we lovers of the people God wants to reach with his kingdom message and his presence? Can people tell that we have his presence in us or do we go on living as always, doing our work, running our errands, and going home to our four walls? Have we told someone of the perfect unstained lamb who takes away the sins of the world? 

I am afraid that I can't say that I have been so faithful. Like the shepherd I had presented less than worthy sacrifices. I was pricked in my heart. "I want to be a witness. You can take what's wrong and make it right!. Daystar, shine down on me! Let Your love shine through me in the night." 

Comments

Popular Posts