To Look to You

Born to new life,

I felt your presence; 

Bathed in the blood,

That all cleansing current. 

So happy and free,

When Christ had unraveled

The chains that bound me. 


I sang and danced;

No backward glance. 

The world meant nothing 

And no more 

Were desires of past things 

To ever fasten about me. 

For I was the Lord’s. 


Yet somehow as days

Wore the newness away;

More and more

My gaze focused

On means and ways. 

Around me was craze. 

Confusion had phased me. 

And I left my praise on the floor. 


So, Lord, I’m asking.  

I want to bask in 

your mercy and goodness

And kneel at the foot 

Of that cross, 

Where I met you;

Pouring myself out

Again to regain

All I held:


The wonder, the beauty, 

The ways that you kept me; remind me, 

“Be still and to look to you!”



Comments

Popular Posts