Invisible Yet Visible

I woke up feeling rather lazy. I kinda wanted to just lay there underneath the covers and pray-“lay before the Lord.” I enjoyed the quiet, thanking God for breath, for new mercy. I can only ask him to order my steps and do my best to be sensitive to his Spirit throughout the day. As I type this I’m still under the blanket with my coffee-about to get moving. 

There are people who, even as believers, feel they’re finished living. They are set to the side-to pasture. Or maybe they’re not necessarily elderly- just ignored. They go to jobs, parent children, sing in the choir; but they fade into the woodwork. 

There’s a great little book called The Invisible Women. I’m sure this could apply to men as well who are invisible, perhaps searching for meaning. God sees what we do when even our families seem to take us for granted. He sees our faithfulness when we are left out and overlooked. The trick is to serve as unto the Lord, be his employee and stay humble.  The Word says that he will exalt you in due time. His time-not ours; and on his terms- not ours. Be. Blessed.

Comments

Popular Posts