#Beware of the "New Thing (Get Anchored in Truth)!"

Presently, I am at a point where I am full of ideas from yesterdays and processing them through my "system of research" but there is nothing that is grabbing me at this time in way of where to take it from that point of research. No melody is coming to mind. No cool riff or group of notes-nothing. I am just practicing my guitar and my piano and learning new chords and scales. But I keep working at old ideas and doing what I can to persevere.

Can I tell you very seriously that many people give up on hobbies, talents, relationships, college and/or careers, even faith in God, because it gets to the daily step by step-the mundane. Nothing spectacular is happening and the novelty has left. We race to the next new thing. Marketers target people who search for the new and next big thing for sale. Religions and cults attract people who look for sensational spiritual events, services, signs and wonders. 


Heed this "loud and clear". Don't fall into this trap. Many will say they are the savior of the world-the Christ! This spirit is already at work in our day! There will one day be a physical figure who will speak proud words against Jesus and his kingdom. He will also do signs and wonders to the extent that he will deceive even some of those, who have sold out to follow the Lord with their whole heart (2 Thessalonians 2) . 

I am a Holy Ghost-filled, Jesus name-baptized-woman of God who speaks in tongues and does her best to stay close to the Lord and live a godly life. I am not speaking against moves of God in the services. What I am warning against is the need to draw to any supernatural service or event for an emotional rush or thrill ("spiritual addicts"). Get in the Word-Bible- and find out how the church was born (Acts), then compare that with your experience. Go to a church who believes and preaches the supernatural move of God and ask the pastor about it. (1 John 4:1-3)

Write me an email and ask me any questions you like about the Bible. I will tell you what I know based on knowledge and experience; and what I don't know, I will research and get back to you. I welcome any comments and questions. It is that serious! 




Comments

Popular Posts